Download .dll which is missing
Before you proceed with the installation of any .dll file, you must first download it per your computer configuration. You must know following things:
- Windows version
- Is your Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?
Once you know this, refer to the table provided at the bottom of this page. All available versions and their corresponding CPU files (32-bit or 64-bit) are laid out. Just click the “Download” button next to the file you need. Refer to the screenshot below for demonstration.
A window pop-up will come up, prompting you for the download location. Download it in a folder preferable to you.
You can use sidebar searcher of this website to find any dll file as well. 🙂
Installing any .dll file guide
Once you have downloaded .dll file which was missing, the another story is to install it. To install missing .dll file on your Windows, follow the steps outlined below:
- Extract the ZIP file downloaded from DLLs Pedia using WinRAR
- Go to “Computer” (for Windows 98, XP) or This PC (as called in Windows 10)
- Go to the drive partition where Windows is installed
- Open Windows/System32 folder
- Copy the missing .dll file you extracted earlier and copy/paste it into System32 folder of Windows
- It might require Administrator’s permissions
I hope you liked this tutorial on fixing any missing .dll file on your Windows PC.