One of the major frustrations of PC gamers is the infamous "[certain.dll] file is missing" type of errors. Often when install Apex Legends and try to play it, you will encounter this xlive.dll file missing error. In this post, we will learn how to diagnose xlive.dll related error in Apex Legends. Once we have diagnosed xlive.dll error in Apex Legends, we will look at various ways to fix it.
- Developer: Respawn Entertainment
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Release Date: February 4, 2019
What You Need to Run Apex Legends
Minimum Apex Legends Requirements
- Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7
- Processor: (AMD): AMD FX 4350 or Equivalent, (Intel): Intel Core i3 6300 or Equivalent
- RAM/Memory: 6GB – DDR3 @1333 RAM
- DirectX Version: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
- Disk Space: 22GB
- Display Card: (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7730, (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GT 640
How to Fix xlive.dll is missing error in Apex Legends
Download & install DirectX
DirectX is a bunch of APIs mixed together that handle multimedia related tasks such as playing high fi video games, video and 3D content. One of the basic steps to fix xlive.dll is missing error in Apex Legends is to just download and install the version of DirectX that is required by Apex Legends.
Typically, DirectX 9 or 11 do just fine for most video games.Download DirectX9 here.
Often, just downloading and installing DirectX will solve your problem. However, if you are still facing the problem. Let's move on the next step, shall we?
Download & install xlive.dll
Another way of fixing xlive.dll is missing error in Apex Legends is to simply download xlive.dll file as per your PC configuration and install it in Windows\System32.
To download file from our secure servers, go to the following page: fix xlive.dll related errors