One of the major frustrations of PC gamers is the infamous "[certain.dll] file is missing" type of errors. Often when install Tell Me Why and try to play it, you will encounter this msvcp140.dll file missing error. In this post, we will learn how to diagnose msvcp140.dll related error in Tell Me Why. Once we have diagnosed msvcp140.dll error in Tell Me Why, we will look at various ways to fix it.
- Developer: Dontnod Entertainment
- Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
- Release Date: August 27, 2020
Watch the Video
What You Need to Run Tell Me Why
Minimum Tell Me Why Requirements
- Operating System: 14 GB Hard drive space
- Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 945
- RAM/Memory: 4 GB RAM
- DirectX Version: DirectX 11 Compatible Graphics Card
- Disk Space: 14 GB Hard drive space
- Display Card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 2GB GHz Edition or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2GB
How to Fix msvcp140.dll is missing error in Tell Me Why
Download & install DirectX
DirectX is a bunch of APIs mixed together that handle multimedia related tasks such as playing high fi video games, video and 3D content. One of the basic steps to fix msvcp140.dll is missing error in Tell Me Why is to just download and install the version of DirectX that is required by Tell Me Why.
Typically, DirectX 9 or 11 do just fine for most video games.Download DirectX9 here.
Often, just downloading and installing DirectX will solve your problem. However, if you are still facing the problem. Let's move on the next step, shall we?
Download & install msvcp140.dll
Another way of fixing msvcp140.dll is missing error in Tell Me Why is to simply download msvcp140.dll file as per your PC configuration and install it in Windows\System32.
To download file from our secure servers, go to the following page: fix msvcp140.dll related errors