One of the major frustrations of PC gamers is the infamous "[certain.dll] file is missing" type of errors. Often when install Far Cry New Dawn and try to play it, you will encounter this steam_api.dll file missing error. In this post, we will learn how to diagnose steam_api.dll related error in Far Cry New Dawn. Once we have diagnosed steam_api.dll error in Far Cry New Dawn, we will look at various ways to fix it.
- Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Relase Date: February 15, 2019
What You Need to Run Far Cry New Dawn
Minimum Far Cry New Dawn Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz
- RAM/Memory: 8 GB
- DirectX Version: DirectX June2010 Redistributable
- Disk Space: 30GB available space
- Display Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) or AMD Radeon R9 270X (2GB) or better
How to Fix steam_api.dll is missing error in Far Cry New Dawn
Download & install DirectX
DirectX is a bunch of APIs mixed together that handle multimedia related tasks such as playing high fi video games, video and 3D content. One of the basic steps to fix steam_api.dll is missing error in Far Cry New Dawn is to just download and install the version of DirectX that is required by Far Cry New Dawn.
Typically, DirectX 9 or 11 do just fine for most video games.Download DirectX9 here.
Often, just downloading and installing DirectX will solve your problem. However, if you are still facing the problem. Let's move on the next step, shall we?
Download & install steam_api.dll
Another way of fixing steam_api.dll is missing error in Far Cry New Dawn is to simply download steam_api.dll file as per your PC configuration and install it in Windows\System32.
To download file from our secure servers, go to the following page: fix steam_api.dll related errors