One of the major frustrations of PC gamers is the infamous "[certain.dll] file is missing" type of errors. Often when install The Division 2 and try to play it, you will encounter this steam_api.dll file missing error. In this post, we will learn how to diagnose steam_api.dll related error in The Division 2. Once we have diagnosed steam_api.dll error in The Division 2, we will look at various ways to fix it.
- Developer: Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft Reflections, Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Romania, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Sofia, Ubisoft Leamington
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Release Date: March 15, 2019
What You Need to Run The Division 2
Minimum The Division 2 Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher
- Processor: AMD FX-6350 or Intel Core I5-2500K
- RAM/Memory: 8 GB
- DirectX Version: DirectX 11 or higher
- Display Card: AMD Radeon R9 270 or Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
How to Fix steam_api.dll is missing error in The Division 2
Download & install DirectX
DirectX is a bunch of APIs mixed together that handle multimedia related tasks such as playing high fi video games, video and 3D content. One of the basic steps to fix steam_api.dll is missing error in The Division 2 is to just download and install the version of DirectX that is required by The Division 2.
Typically, DirectX 9 or 11 do just fine for most video games.Download DirectX9 here.
Often, just downloading and installing DirectX will solve your problem. However, if you are still facing the problem. Let's move on the next step, shall we?
Download & install steam_api.dll
Another way of fixing steam_api.dll is missing error in The Division 2 is to simply download steam_api.dll file as per your PC configuration and install it in Windows\System32.
To download file from our secure servers, go to the following page: fix steam_api.dll related errors