One of the major frustrations of PC gamers is the infamous "[certain.dll] file is missing" type of errors. Often when install Elden Ring and try to play it, you will encounter this vcomp140.dll file missing error. In this post, we will learn how to diagnose vcomp140.dll related error in Elden Ring. Once we have diagnosed vcomp140.dll error in Elden Ring, we will look at various ways to fix it.
- Developer: FromSoftware, Inc.
- Publisher: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- Release Date: December 31, 2020
Watch the Video
What You Need to Run Elden Ring
Minimum Elden Ring Requirements
- Operating System: Win 7 64
- Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz / AMD FX-6300
- RAM/Memory: 4 GB RAM
- DirectX Version: DirectX 11 Compatible Graphics Card
- Disk Space: 25 GB Hard drive space
- Display Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
How to Fix vcomp140.dll is missing error in Elden Ring
Download & install DirectX
DirectX is a bunch of APIs mixed together that handle multimedia related tasks such as playing high fi video games, video and 3D content. One of the basic steps to fix vcomp140.dll is missing error in Elden Ring is to just download and install the version of DirectX that is required by Elden Ring.
Typically, DirectX 9 or 11 do just fine for most video games.Download DirectX9 here.
Often, just downloading and installing DirectX will solve your problem. However, if you are still facing the problem. Let's move on the next step, shall we?
Download & install vcomp140.dll
Another way of fixing vcomp140.dll is missing error in Elden Ring is to simply download vcomp140.dll file as per your PC configuration and install it in Windows\System32.
To download file from our secure servers, go to the following page: fix vcomp140.dll related errors