One of the major frustrations of PC gamers is the infamous "[certain.dll] file is missing" type of errors. Often when install Mass Effect and try to play it, you will encounter this concrt140.dll file missing error. In this post, we will learn how to diagnose concrt140.dll related error in Mass Effect. Once we have diagnosed concrt140.dll error in Mass Effect, we will look at various ways to fix it.
Intro to Mass Effect
As Commander Shepard, you lead an elite squad on a heroic, action-packed adventure throughout the galaxy. Discover the imminent danger from an ancient threat and battle the traitorous Saren and his deadly army to save civilization. The fate of all life depends on your actions!
- Developer: BioWare
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Release Date: 28 May, 2008
What You Need to Run Mass Effect
Minimum Mass Effect Requirements
- Operating System: Supported Microsoft Windows XP with SP2 or Windows Vista*
- Processor: Intel P4 2.4 Ghz or faster / AMD 2.0 Ghz
- RAM/Memory: 1.0 GB RAM or more (2.0 GB for Vista)
- DirectX Version: 9.0c
- Disk Space: 12.0 GB or more free hard drive space
- Display Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible, ATI X1300 XT or greater (ATI X1300, X1300 Pro, X1600 Pro, Radeon 2600 HD, and HD 2400 are below minimum system requirements); NVidia GeForce 6800 or greater (7300, 7600 GS, 8500 are below minimum system requirements)
How to Fix concrt140.dll is missing error in Mass Effect
Download & install DirectX
DirectX is a bunch of APIs mixed together that handle multimedia related tasks such as playing high fi video games, video and 3D content. One of the basic steps to fix concrt140.dll is missing error in Mass Effect is to just download and install the version of DirectX that is required by Mass Effect.
Typically, DirectX 9 or 11 do just fine for most video games.Download DirectX9 here.
Often, just downloading and installing DirectX will solve your problem. However, if you are still facing the problem. Let's move on the next step, shall we?
Download & install concrt140.dll
Another way of fixing concrt140.dll is missing error in Mass Effect is to simply download concrt140.dll file as per your PC configuration and install it in Windows\System32.
To download file from our secure servers, go to the following page: fix concrt140.dll related errors